Intelligent Retail and Transactional Point-of-Sale (POS) Technology
Driving enhanced user experiences in retail solutions with the 4th generation Intel® Core™ processor
Enabling a new world of shopping experiences, the 4th generation Intel® Core™ processor family enhances intelligent retail through improved media and graphics, enhanced security and manageability, and breakthrough performance to transform retail: ranging from point-of-sale (POS) devices, interactive kiosks, and intelligent vending to digital signage and automated teller machines (ATMs).
Intel: Inside the POS and transaction system
- Media and graphics: Deliver compelling visual experiences with video playback enhancements and 2-D and 3-D graphics, making interactive content come to life. With the Intel® Perceptual Computing SDK, rapidly develop and deploy new methods of interactivity through multi-touch, gesture, speech, and facial recognition.
- Security: Provide faster data encryption for securing transaction and personal data on Intel® Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI), enhance virtualization-based “below the operating system” security without impacting overall system performance, and secure boot through Intel® Platform Protection Technology with Boot Guard to prevent threats that occur during boot.
- Manageability: Enhance the features of unattended retail device deployments with embedded host-based configuration enabled by Intel® vPro™ technology, which simplifies activation and unleashes the benefits of Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT).
- Power efficiency: Design retail devices with thinner, lighter, and sleeker form factors on the 4th generation Intel Core processor family, which offers lower power compared to the previous generation’s ultra-low voltage segment.
- Performance: Deliver faster analytics and decisions for targeted promotions, while also offering a smooth, responsive interactive experience with performance improvements over the 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processor.
Entry-level reference design
Streamline the design of inexpensive digital signage solutions.
Intel® AMT supports digital signage for small business
Embedded host-based configuration supports digital signage for SMBs with minimal IT infrastructure.
Learn more >
Pomoc techniczna w zakresie konta Intel® EDC
Dostęp do pomocy technicznej lub sprzedaży, rejestracja konta intel EDC lub zarządzanie kontem.Kontakt >
Processor and chipset selection, peripheral devices, board size, power budget, and thermal analysis.
Schematic Review Service
Submit your design schematic, and we will analyze it for compliance to guidelines and report potential issues within one week.
Hardware Test Tool Loan Program
Provides debug and validation tools, including instructional videos, for supported products on a temporary loan basis.
The Design-In Tools store allows you to speed through motherboard and system design with validation tools and services available for purchase from Intel.