ThyssenKrupp Drives IT Efficiency, Productivity
With 7,000 employees and headquartered in Germany, ThyssenKrupp Presta Steering develops and manufactures innovative products specifically for the automotive industry, supplying parts to many global car makers. To boost IT uptime, enhance data security, and allow the IT team to manage devices remotely while enabling workers to be more productive, it started using the Intel® vPro™ platform across its desktops and notebooks, which are powered by Intel® Core™ i5 processor and Intel® Core™ i7 processors.
• IT evolution: ThyssenKrupp Presta Steering wanted a more consistent, higher performing IT environment to support the increasing demands of component development
• Recover quickly: ThyssenKrupp Presta Steering needed a way to fix faulty devices and perform technical updates without interrupting daily work, so that employees could work efficiently and provide high-quality customer service
• Theft protection: With hundreds of employees routinely traveling between offices, appointments and site visits, protecting company data was a priority
• Activating technology: ThyssenKrupp Presta Steering activated the Intel vPro platform on their existing Intel Core i5 processor and Intel Core i7 vPro processors, and began using Intel® Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI), and Intel® Solid-State Drives (Intel® SSDs) for a more responsive and reliable IT environment
• Remote management: The Intel vPro platform enables the IT team to wake up, remotely manage and maintain a device, even if the operating system isn’t working, so they can overcome IT problems rapidly
• Easy provisioning: Intel® Setup and Configuration Software (Intel® SCS) enables ThyssenKrupp Presta Steering to activate the Intel vPro platform on its PCs remotely
Read the full ThyssenKrupp Drives IT Efficiency, Productivity Case Study.