Included in the table are all retail (boxed) versions of Intel® Ethernet Adapters and the type of driver support they have for Windows 8*.
Intel® Ethernet Adapters with driver support for Windows 8*
- Driver and software updates are not planned for adapters with only in-box support. These adapters cannot be updated using automated or manual methods.
- Intel® PROSet for Windows* Device Manager and Advanced Network Services (ANS) driver for teaming and VLANS are not included with in-box support.
- You might be able to add an adapter with in-box support to a team using multi-vendor teaming (MVT). See the user guide for MVT considerations.
- These adapters have updated drivers, Intel PROSet for Windows Device Manager, and Advanced Network Services (teaming and VLAN) software available in Download Center.
- Use the Intel® Driver Update Utility for Wired Networking to detect and update drivers.
- Manually download the latest Intel® Ethernet Software and drivers.
3Driver not certified
- Intel is providing these drivers as a convenience to customers who want to use older devices with Windows 8* or Windows Server 2012*. Although these drivers are certified for Windows 7* and Windows Server 2008 R2*, they are not certified for Windows 8 and or Windows Server 2012. These drivers have not had the exhaustive level of testing usually done by Intel.
- Intel has tested basic installation and functionality in Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 including advanced features such as teaming and configuring VLANs. Intel does not plan to certify drivers for these devices for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.
- Intel recommends that users who plan to use Microsoft Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012 use newer devices with certified drivers.
|Upgrade to Windows 8 Blocked because of Intel Wired PROSet for Windows|
|Intel® Driver Update Utility|